THIRTY FRIGGEN DOLLARS!
Why sell entries for $30 when it costs us $40-45 / runner to put the race on?Two reasons:
1. Those that register a full year in advance do so because they love the race, and that means they’ll tell their friends about it! We’re not shy about this: Word of mouth is our best marketing!! Have you seen the reviews?
2. We know that the best laid plans of mice and runners often run astray, and that many of you won’t be able to make it. But you want to! And you will try! It’s like legalized gambling! (And having goals is a huge motivation, right?)
This all comes with two big, fat hairy caveats, of course:
- It assumes we get our permits from the various municipalities for that date; and
- There is, as always, a no-refund, no-exchange policy. If folks violate our honor code and give unused bibs to friends at the last minute, there is no reason for us to continue the program. Basically, the race would lose money and there would be less to devote to the trails and charities, and we’d have to raise our prices (and hire someone to track transfers. Blech.).
So you get stupid-cheap in exchange for a bigger risk of no-show due to injury, or conflict with your yet-to-be born nephew’s party celebrating that he’s now 3 months old and big enough for the baby jogger so your sister can race around town with him as she works off the pregnancy weight but won’t be able to use on Paine to Pain because it’s on trails!
Yes! I know that was a run-on sentence! I’m not a schmuck! Just excited! Can’t you see all the exclamation marks!!!
Registration is open for just four days! Did you get that? (Closing Friday at 11:59 p.m.)
Just. Four. Days.
The rush to register the last two years was like the Running of the Brides at a bridal gown sale! (And you thought trail running was risky?)
But if you blow this stupid-cheap early registration we will re-open on April 22nd, Earth Day, at our usual early-bird rate of $50. Still cheap! But not stupid-cheap! Stupid-cheap is a 40% discount off regular cheap!
And we once again thank our wonderful sponsors from this past year’s ridiculously successful race:
- Westchester Road Runner
- Montefiore New Rochelle
- New Rochelle Chevrolet
- Empress EMS
- The Turkewitz Law Firm (NYC)
- Breaking the Tape Productions, LLC
- PennyWise Consulting
- Finish Line Physical Therapy
In cooperation with: