And peaking under the hood of our registrations I see that this weekend we surpassed 500 registrations! That puts us a whopping 30% ahead of last year! Will we sell out?
So here are three brief things to ponder:
1. If you haven’t registered yet, the price goes up this Friday, June 1st. Until then, it’s still just 50 bucks!! And if you have registered, have you told all of your running friends about the 2nd best race in the NY metro area? (I’ve got my eye on you, NYC Marathon.)
Remember, friends don’t let their friends miss awesome races. Register here!
2. We now have a free training program for half marathon rookies, courtesy of Podium Training Systems. Its head honcho, Dave Burgess, is a certified level 2 USA Triathlon coach who knows a thing or two about these trails since he used to live here, trained on them and is a P2P alumnus. And if you’re a seasoned runner looking to improve yourself, he’s got plans for you too! Head over to Podium Training for Paine to Pain for all the details on the free beginner program, or the advanced training plan!
3. Two upcoming races for you:
This Sunday, June 3rd: A Mild Sprain — the second race of seven in the Trail Mix Trail Series will be run in Sprain Ridge Park in Yonkers, NY (right off the Sprain Parkway).
The 5-mile course is a terrific test of trail running. It has some great climbs, fun downhills, single track, switchbacks, and plenty of rocks and logs to navigate.
All net proceeds go to JDRF whose mission is to find a cure for type 1 diabetes and its complications through the support of research.
On June 10th: The North Avenue Mile is Back!! NewRo Runners and Tailwind Track Club will once again put on the flattest, straightest certified mile you’ll find next to the 5th Avenue Mile. With waves for every age and ability, easy access, extensive parking, and a post-race festival. For speed demons and families alike!
That’s it for now. P2P race day is four months away, and if you’re a rookie at this you don’t want to take the course lightly. Train now, run a few other races, and get ready to tackle our one-of-a-kind necklace of trails on October 7th!
And thank you once again to last year’s top tier sponsors:
- Westchester Road Runner
- Montefiore New Rochelle
- New Rochelle Chevrolet
- Empress EMS
- NewRo Runners
- HiTouch Executive Search
- Breaking the Tape Productions, LLC
- PennyWise Consulting
- Finish Line Physical Therapy