Registration has just opened for Paine to Pain 2020, with a tentative date of October 4th!
And we are once again doing it for the Stupid-Cheap ™ © ® ℗ price of $35! Yes, you read that right:
THIRTY-FIVE FRIGGEN DOLLARS! (Yes, that’s $35!!!)
Why sell entries for $35 when it costs us $40-45 / runner to put the race on?
1. Those that register a full year in advance do so because they love the race, and that means they’ll tell their friends about it. We’re not shy about this: Word of mouth is our best marketing!! (Have I mentioned the reviews? Yes, and I’ll do it again!)
2. We know that the best laid plans of mice and runners often run astray, sometimes over twisting, turning trails, and that many of you won’t be able to make it. But you want to! You really, really want to! And you’ll try! It’s like legalized gambling! (And having goals is a huge motivation.)
This all comes with two big, fat, hairy caveats, of course:
1. It assumes we get our permits from the various municipalities for that date; and
2. There is, as always, a no-refund, no-exchange, no deferral policy. If folks violate our honor code and give unused bibs to friends at the last minute, there’s no reason for us to continue the program. Basically, the no-show rate is baked into our pricing and the race would lose money if we allowed it. And there would be less to devote to the trails and charities, and we’d have to raise our prices (and hire someone to track transfers. Blech.).
So. You get Stupid-Cheap in exchange for a bigger risk of no-show due to weddings, births, injuries or conflict with your not yet planned college reunion with your old bestest friends who you’ve lost contact with and just found you on Facebook and they don’t run and think this trail running thing of yours is completely nuts because you might face plant on a rock and go to the hospital and they don’t run and don’t want any part of that so why don’t you come to the reunion in Vegas with us and get drunk?
Yes! I know that was a run-on sentence!!! I’m not a schmuck!!! Just excited!!! Can’t you see all the exclamation marks!!!
Registration is open for just three days! Did you get that? (Closing Saturday at 11:59 p.m.)
Just. Three. Days.
Every year the rush to register is like the Running of the Brides at a bridal gown sale! (And you thought trail running was risky?)
But if you blow this Stupid-Cheap early registration we will re-open on April 22nd, Earth Day, at our usual early-bird rate of $50. Still cheap! But not Stupid-Cheap! Stupid-Cheap is a 30% discount off regular cheap!
Once again, the registration link is here. Tell your family! Tell your friends! Tell your…oh hell, I gotta get back to lawyer-work…..
And we once again thank our wonderful sponsors from this past year’s ridiculously successful race:
▪ Westchester Road Runner
▪ Montefiore New Rochelle
▪ Empress EMS
▪ NewRo Runners
▪ The Turkewitz Law Firm (NYC)
▪ Hi-Touch Executive Search
▪ Breaking the Tape Productions, LLC
▪ PennyWise Consulting
Eric Turkewitz, Race Director
Real job: Attorney, The Turkewitz Law Firm