- There will be no in-person registration. Online only!! Tell your procrastinating friends! Our volunteers will have enough to do checking IDs and vaccination certificates. Register here if you haven’t. As the great Brian Wilson said, “Catch a wave and you’re sitting on top of the world.” Or as we say, “Miss the wave and you’re a putz.”
No Vax = No bib.
(If you forget your proof you will not get your bib.)
2. Notwithstanding your vax status, we ask all runners to be masked for the crowded areas of bib pick-up, toilets and the start.
3. The Paine to Pain Preview is this Sunday, September 26tr at 8 am. Come join NewRo Runners for a course check. You don’t have to be signed up for the race to participate. There are no fees. Do a short version or the fully monty. The run is self-supported, and running guides will lead various pace groups. In order to accommodate shorter runs, the race will not start at the P2P start line. Details are here.
4. Free photos! You read that right, we’ll once again have professional photographers out there on the course and then and we’ll give you those hi-res digital photos for nothin’. Nada. Zero. Zip. Zilch. More free!!! Woo hoo!!! We’ll try to catch your favorite side — the one with most mud if we’re lucky enough to get rain.
5. We are again planning 5 waves. Why? Because this social distancing thing is second nature for us. While overall 1-2-3 is based on gun-time off the first musket shot, everything else is chip-time. No need to crowd!
6. Ultra Runners – Interested in running 26.2 on race day? If you’d like to do a “warm up lap” before the race, shoot us an email. (The warm-up lap is not a race, not timed, unsupported and will likely be dark when you set off. These are features, not bugs. The bugs are on the trail.)
7. Volunteer sign-up is well underway! As every runner knows, races don’t happen without volunteers. Period. If you aren’t running, we need you! (Online sign-up at this link)
Also, we welcome back Westchester Road Runner of White Plains, sponsoring this race for the 13th consecutive year! Bib pick-up will start there Friday before the race, from 5-8, and we hope to have some P2P merch for sale.
Salomon is back again, and you’ll see them at the Finish Line Festival.
We also introduce our newest top tier sponsor, New York Presbyterian Sports Performance Institute. Regardless of your running level, they will help you make the most of your physical efforts.
And if your injuries on race day are more hard core than muscle fatigue – and let’s hope that isn’t the case – Empress EMS will be out there on the course again at the three aid stations and Montefiore New Rochelle will (wo)man the finish line medical tent!
We’re lining up food and other sponsors as we type!! We’re excited!! And when I say “we” I mean me! But I hope it’s you too!
Race day is my favorite day
— OK, after my anniversary, and wife and kids’ birthdays…I’m required by law to say that …hi honey! Did you get to the bottom of this long email I just sent to a several thousand of my nearest and dearest?
Paine to Pain Trail 1/2 Marathon
Westchester County, NY
Daytime phone: 212-983-5900
The Turkewitz Law Firm
228 East 45th Street – Suite 1110
New York, NY 10017