But first, the Paine to Pain 2022 race is in the books! The results are out! The thousands of free photos are out! The Race Director’s prize awarded! Race Reviews are going in! And people are gently fondling their race medals and shirts!
And now … registration has just opened for Paine to Pain 2023, with a tentative date of October 8th! Put it in your calendar now!
And we are doing it for the Stupid-Cheap®©™ price of $40! Yes, you read that right:
FORTY FRIGGEN DOLLARS!
Why sell entries for such a Stupid-Cheap®©™ price?
- Those that register a full year in advance do so because they love the race, and that means they’ll tell their friends about it. [Hint. Hint.] We’re not shy about this: Word of mouth has always been our best marketing!! (OK, fine, it’s usually our only marketing. And it’s not like we have a press agent.)
- And we know that the best laid plans of mice and runners often skitter astray, and that many of you won’t be able to make it.Some will get hurt. Or injured. Or ill. Or pregnant. Or be told there’s a wedding for your third cousin twice removed that you’re not allowed to miss because your Great Uncle Sam (who you really don’t like but are too polite to say) might be there. Will you make it to the start line? It’s like legalized gambling!
This comes with the same two big, hairy caveats we have each year, of course:
- It assumes we get our permits from the various municipalities for that date; and
- There is, as always, a no-refund, no-exchange policy.
That’s right: You get the race, the medal, the shirt, the music, the massages, the food, more food, yet more food, and world-class, can’t be beat, volunteers that would make former New Rochelle resident Norman Rockwell burst with pride. And maybe even mile 11-ish Girl Scout cookies again! Norm would like that!
(Not-so-random thought: If Norman Rockwell and Thomas Paine put a race on, what would it look like? If you answered P2P you have uncovered my super-secret stategery!)
Registration is open for just three days! Did you get that?
Just. Three. Friggen. Days.
The rush to register each year is like the Running of the Brides at a bridal gown sale! (More dangerous than trail running!)
But if you blow this stupid-cheap early registration — and many of you will because you can’t help yourselves — we will re-open on April 22nd, Earth Day, at our usual early-bird rate of $50. Still cheap! But not stupid-cheap! Stupid-cheap is a big, hairy discount off regular cheap!
And we once again thank our wonderful sponsors and supporters from this past year’s ridiculously successful race:
- Westchester Road Runner
- Montefiore Health System | New Rochelle
- Empress Emergency Medical Services
- The Turkewitz Law Firm
- Orangetheory Fitness Mamaroneck
- Finish Line Physical Therapy
- Westchester Emergency Communications Association
- Century 21 Marciano
- Arunwithaview Media
and in cooperation with
Race Director, NewRo Runners
Paine to Pain Trail 1/2 Marathon
Westchester County, NY
Daytime phone: 212-983-5900
Eric @ PaineToPain.com
Facebook: Paine To Pain
(Notice a social media pattern?)
The Turkewitz Law Firm
228 East 45th Street – 17th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Eric @ TurkewitzLaw.com