Yes. Yes we are! We are doing stupid-cheap yet again!
After the sloppiest, most muck-filled race we’ve ever done — a race folks will talk about for years — we’re already looking forward to next year! We refuse to rest on our laurels. Which I think are stuck in the mud in Saxon Woods.
Can I figure out a way to get you more mud next year?
And — this is important!!!! — next year we are moving (for one year only) to September 29th to avoid a conflict with Rosh Hashanah, which falls the Thursday-Friday before and makes pre-race set-up too difficult. (Assuming we get all our permits and yada, yada, yada). Mark that day down in your best pencil!
And we are doing it for the Stupid-Cheap®©™ price of just $45! Yes, you read that right:
FORTY-FIVE FLIPPIN’ DOLLARS!
That’s right: You get the race, the medal, the shirt, the music, the massages, the food, and world-class, can’t be beat, volunteers that would make Norman Rockwell burst with pride. And me.
All for a lousy 45 clams.
Why sell entries for such a Stupid-Cheap®©™ price?
- Those that register a full year in advance do so because they love the race, and that means they’ll tell their friends about it. We’re not shy about this: Word of mouth has always been our best marketing!! (OK, fine, it’s just about our only marketing.)
- We know that the best laid plans of mice and runners often slip in the mud, and that many of you won’t be able to make it. Some will be hurt, injured or ill. Or pregnant. Or have work conflicts. Or be told there’s a wedding for your second cousin twice removed that you’re not allowed to miss because otherwise you sleep on the couch. The one in the storage locker. But you’d rather race through the forest! Will you make it to the start line? It’s like legalized gambling!
Stupid-Cheap®©™ comes with a coupla big, fat bewhiskered caveats, naturally:
- It assumes we get our permits from the various municipalities; and
- There is, as always, a no-refund, no-exchange policy. Those no-shows are baked into the Stupid-Cheap®©™ price. So if we gave refunds, or allowed deferrals or exchanges, we would have to charge more. And we would also have to find a volunteer to track deferrals and transfers from year to year. Blech. We elect to go with the Keep it Simple theory. Which goes hand-in-hand with Keep it Cheap.
Registration is open for just three days! Roughly. Because I’m not 100% certain when this email goes through the intertubes via one of our sensational volunteers. We will shut it all down on Friday the 13th, at 11:59 pm. Will Friday the 13th be a good omen?
Don’t. Screw. This. Up.
The rush to register is usually like the Running of the Brides at a bridal gown sale! (And you thought trail running was risky?)
But if you blow this stupid-cheap early registration we will re-open on April 22nd, Earth Day, at an early-bird rate that’s higher. Yet still cheap! Just not Stupid-Cheap®©™! Stupid-cheap is a big discount off regular cheap!
Once again, the registration link is here. Tell your family! Tell your friends! Tell your…oh hell, I gotta get back to my real job….
And we once again thank our wonderful sponsors from this past year’s ridiculously successful race:
- Westchester Road Runner
- Montefiore Health System | New Rochelle
- Empress Emergency Medical Services
- Finish Line Physical Therapy
- Breaking the Tape Productions
- NeverStop Moving 365
- The Turkewitz Law Firm
- Nathan Sports
- Artie Tobia Band
- Westchester Emergency Communications Association
- Arunwithaview Media
- Professional PT
In cooperation with: